Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7H trans temp

CDUB ยท 2015-10-22 21:04

My D7H 5BF59xx transmission operates at 240 to 250 F on the gauge. It never exceeds that and it doesn't affect the engine temp. I replaced the filter and no change. I'm curious if this is normal. If not, what should I look at.

Replies5
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-10-22 21:15

    The Red Line on the gauge is 275Deg. What gear are you pushing in most of the time? Later Bob

  2. #2CDUB2015-10-22 21:38

    First most of the time. Light pushing in second. But it doesn't seem to matter. It slowly gets to 240 and stays in that range. It never gets over 250. The book says that the maximum operating temp is 265. Im curious what temperature it should operate at.

  3. #3Bob/Ont2015-10-22 22:28

    I think yours is working at a good temp. Later Bob

  4. #4CDUB2015-10-22 23:39

    Thanks, that was an easy fix. It seems unnatural to look at the gauge and see it come so close to the peg and the engine is running near the middle. I'll quit worrying about it.

  5. #5Bob/Ont2015-10-23 00:01

    Most overheating is lack of oil flow through the torque. If it's overheating it will just keep going, not level off like yours. Later Bob