Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7r high intake temp

Clint mayne ยท 2014-08-31 20:07

The intake temp light keeps coming on changed sensors has brand new air filters I'm thinking next the water pump for the intake air to air might be bad serial number aec1529 it doesn't have the air to air on the radiator like the 6r do it cools it on the intake with radiator coolant

Replies3
  1. #1big ben2014-09-01 03:42

    Yup I think your on the right track. If your dozer has the aux water pump for the aftercooler it can give you problems. Last one I had would just sometimes give the warning under heavy load and verified something wasn't right in the aux circuit with a temp gun. Found the impeller loose and spinning on the water pump shaft.

  2. #2overworked2014-09-01 17:01

    Yep, have seen it also,

  3. #3Clint mayne2014-09-02 17:54

    It was the impeller spining on the shaft new one on the way if this one does it I will take it home and cut a key way on the bridge port mill in the shaft and gear and thread the shaft for a bolt thanks