Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8 14a videos

MarshBros ยท 2008-10-03 16:50

I finally posted a few videos of me running one of the 14a's. Did a cut 540' long and 40' high in some places. These were shot when I started the top of the cut. I posted pics over on ACMOC. http://www.acmoc.org/ACMOC_BB/showthread.php?t=4626 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEPL3dBIgw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKwGyYYX8g http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDLsSBiTGwA Hope this works LeRoy

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1MarshBros2008-10-03 16:53

    You'll have to log in on ACMOC to see the pics ointhead

  2. #2ACcrazy2008-10-03 21:22

    Cool videos Leroy! I love the old dozers especially the cable blades. Where in the Eureka area are you doing the work? Bruce

  3. #3DPete2008-10-03 21:50

    Brings back memories, I started on 14a 7785 with a # 25 cable control. Good old horses!

  4. #4MarshBros2008-10-04 11:07

    Bruce, I'm doing the work on Zane Road about a 1/4 mile from house. Check the ACMOC site for more info. you'll have to log on to see the pictures. This old machine is 14a3238 (dry deck) I also have 14a3879 (wet deck) and a 15a wet deck. I'll try a few pictures...

  5. #5kennymopar2008-10-07 08:56

    great pics ...approx what year model & weight is the old D8 ?

  6. #6dieseldave2008-10-07 21:42

    Very nice! Those old N/A 342's sure sound good! :drinkup

  7. #7MarshBros2008-10-08 17:23

    Year and weight?? I think 1956. Bare tractor around 40k with blade, belly pans, canopy, rock gaurds,cable control and winch about 63k hand written on the operators manual. I love the sound of that 342 with open exhaust, but since I work close to houses and would rather not deal with ignorant people I put a Ford F350 muffler on it. All you can hear is the CC squeal and the tracks squeaking. LeRoy