Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d8 k dozer leaks

RobWhite ยท 2018-07-24 13:45

hello everyone I have an 8 k dozer that is leaking oil between the bottom of the ripper mounts and the frame.does any one know if the ripper mounting studs go thru to the oil cavity or is this leak caused by cracks? was thinking about pulling a stud to see, and was just wondering if this is a common prob on these dozers. thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Bls repair2018-07-24 18:29

    Photo please

  2. #2PEVO2018-07-27 14:56

    maybe a hydro hose or connection?

  3. #3Bluox2018-07-27 15:08

    Bolt holes are blind holes ,cracked tubs are common on tractors with rippers and they may be weldable. Bob

  4. #4Dave Neubert2018-07-27 16:22

    rippers and cracked housings go hand and hand

  5. #5Check Break2018-07-29 01:46
  6. #6Check Break2018-07-29 01:53

    That's common on D8K-s. They crack inside the case and there's nothing you can do inside to stop it. I decided if I ever removed another ripper I'd cut o-ring grooves around the holes in the mounting brackets to seal them up but I've never removed any of the rippers again.