Have a friend who recently purchased one at auction. Like new 1300 hrs. W a ripper. He was gonna sell it now he’s thinking of keeping it. Do some land clearing with it. Ritchie spec’s compares it to a d6T. I thought was bigger than that. Once he has it on his farm he won’t be needing to move it for a while. Would this be a good machine to put a hang on rake on? Any one have experience with these. Thanks
More like a D7G , bigger than one of those to .
That’s what I was thinking it was bigger than a T but I haven’t personally been on it yet. Just kinda weird that there are several late model low hr D85PX’s for sale. They ain’t cheap but why would so many people be selling such low hr machines
May have all come off the same job , is the one you have seen still on its swamp tracks as I understand thats what the "P" stands for ? I would not want to put a root rake on a dozer with swamp plates unless it's going to work on soft ground . 1300 hours very close to new , and at their weight its got the market as Caterpillar and their D7E don't look much of an option , drives the price . Between a D85 and the D6's there is the D65 , still heavier than the D6's , and another, the D61 probably a match for D6 .
Yes it has the wide pads
The D85 used to be a D65 with more horsepower and a bigger undercarriage. I believe now days they are still a torque convertor power shift machine. Their web site shows 264 horses and 65,080 pounds. I'm thinking a fair bit bigger than a D6T.
Yeah I was going by the Richie specs comparing it to a D6 T I didn’t look at the D6 T weight but yeah it’s 20,000 pounds heavier
The D85-18 is as much a D65-8 as a D7G is a D6D. The machine layout is the similar, but it ends there. Everything is bigger on a D85-18 then a D65-8. From what I understand they like the D65-8, were quite reliable machines. But prices for parts, if genuine are pricey.
I was talking about the first series of machines. In that era the D85 was a dog.
OK, I am not familiar with the early Komatsu machines like the D85-8. In fact I have never seen an early Komatsu dozer for sale, which sort of says something.
I've spent a day on a D85-12 , not sure what Komatsu were thinking as it was 5 speed forward . Non-turbo Cummings motor . They are thought of quite highly . Cheap to fix , motor recon job cheaper to do than the D47U I had at the time , pointed out to me by the owner . They are quite tightly held and don't come on the market much .