Some thief stole my starter and adaptor plate, wires and batteries from my machine. I have a MT50 starter with the helical drive to use but I need a adaptor or different nose housing to bolt starter up to the machine. Cant seem or find one or anybody that knows where to locate one. Anyone here know where to track one down?
I don't know of any around here... sounds like the work of scrapper/methheads I would head to the closest scrap yards you have around there and see if they'll at least keep an eye out for your starter and plate because it will more than likely end up there.
Try asking at this source. I purchased the adapter drive end housing from them some time ago but I don't see them advertised now. http://stores.ebay.com/Triodiode-DC-Electric-And-Tractor
I can track one down if I can get a part number.
You helped me out with my D6B (track & sprocket issues)...got parts on route, Thanks again...For the D8H, I looked into that ebay store and sent them a message about the housing, waiting for reply. This seems like a hard part to find, I see a whole starter can be purchased with the correct mounting, but I have a near new MT50 on hand...still looking for housing
That was my guess too...I have a suspect, works on equipment in his yard and has been caught prowling the property. It was a mechanic type person...he put the bolts back into the bell housing holes, If ya can believe that...lol
The tag on the housing I have says J & N 371-12144. That's an after market part so I don't know if that number will be of much use. Might try here.... https://www.newtonselectric.com/product-item/9290/371-12144-JN
I have a listing for it. J&N is out of stock. I sent a message, will hear back Monday. I’ll have to look as I did have a couple in stock.
To bad he didn't drop that starter on his foot, or one of the 8D's. I've had crackheads after batteries and cables but not starters.
I agree, I was thinking the thief had a Cat that needed that starter, the batteries and cables are worth much more per pound and effort expended. But then logic isn't always the deciding factor.
Better get a trail camera set up after you get the new plate and starter in. He may very well be back for a nice new one.