Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire chains 1992 580 Super K case backhoe

Norm Briere · 2017-11-23 11:31

I have this machine and I want to put tire chains on it but looks like chains won't clear the fenders. Is there a fix for this?

Replies2
  1. #1seville0092017-11-23 19:16

    Won’t clear on the inside of the tire or between the tire tread and the fender? I’m not familiar with them, but looking at pictures online, it looks like there’s enough room between the tread and the fender. Weren’t any pictures of the inside side of the tires though.

  2. #2Norm Briere2017-12-02 21:05

    I have replaced the alternator and checked all connections but still not getting any charge to the battery or instrument panel. I am not very good with a voltmeter and don't really know what to look for. I checked the belt and pulled the instrument panel out ( lost half the screws ) and still can't get power. I disconnected the ground while it was running and it stalled. Earlier, I was getting fluctuating power to the tach but now I don't get anything. Help!!!