hello... i am in need of a spacer plated D8K engine.. i was wondering if anyone had one, or know where i might find one.. any help is grealty appreciated, thanks 4digger.
Ttt
i have the non-spacer plate motor. came out of a 77V2000 and previous model i am guessing. I always liked the non-spacer plate motor better, seemed to have more of snappy throaty grunt to it.... if you could keep liners in thier place.... but theres this special glue i use on mine that seals upwards of .30 thou gaps so that hasn't been a problem yet haha.
good luck. Not many of those floating around any more. try machinerytrader.com. There were one or two there and maybe enough of the big parts to build one.
yea i've looked at alot of online websites but, i want to stay within my budget.. even if i could just find a block. i have all of the major componets, then all i have o do is get a cheap rebuild kit.. i thought i would post on here to see if some had one layin around and wanted to get rid of one.... 4digger
Complete engines are probably rare. The 8K spacer plate engine wasn't noted for it's longevity. Cat made a lot of items to repair and rebuild the blocks, spacers and shims, etc. Check with your local Cat parts and service rep. Also check with the used parts guys at Beckwith in Pittsburg. There may be a lot more available over there in the old coal country. Even if they do not have one in house, the PSR guys really get around and may know one of the customers that has one lying around. Good Luck!
ok surfer-joe i will give that a try.. 4digger.
4 digger, Be advised there are 2 series of spacer plate blocks for the D342. The first was thinner and had problems with deck straightness. The later version , I think was a 6N but I could be wrong was quite a bit thicker with more webs. I updated my block when I did a rebuild a long time ago. In fact when the Cat certified rebuilds were going on they would not use the first spacer plate block in the program. But would accept a counter bore block. I can look and see if I still have all the Cat certified rebuild parts list and update book. But I might have gotten rid of them by now
D8K engine with spacer plate We have an engine for sale with spacer plate. Along with a warehouse full of spare parts ie...block with new crank, fuel pumps, transmissions etc... contact me: [email protected]
Digger did you find the engine you wanted?
Try ATI Equipment out here in Central Cali. He runs a fleet of D8k's that he rent out to local farmers to do deep ripping with. He's got a boneyard of about 10 tractors. He might be willing to part with a motor or a block at a reasonable price. His number is (559) 884-2471. Good luck!