Hello lovely people, pls I need help working on a D8K(power shift) Try but couldn't source for the machine Serial number. Rebuild the hydraulic pump and the pressure is ok .Try raising the blade is responding well but the problem is the ripper, it's not dropping or raising evenly likewise tilting. After I take the lever to the raise position it will take some few seconds before it respond sometimes longer than 20 seconds. I tried retracing the pilot pressure line I'm guessing it's ok likewise the main line group tho not so sure about the correctness of the hoses.please who can be of help? I'm really tired bored and exhausted..
There isn’t much that can go wrong. Have you taken the ripper pilot valve apart and looked at it? The spool could be dirty and hanging up or a spring could be broken. There is a chance that both the cylinders could be leaking past the pistons.
Honestly I thought it to be easier but something happened at work today, I not only take a look at the pilot valve but also go as far as dropping the ripper main control valve. After everything started seeing the Hydraulic pump getting very hot way above the normal operating temperature. Likewise the hydraulic tank is very hot bet it can even way around 100 °.Sir why is the pump and the hydraulic system getting hot like that?
This is why pressure testing was invented, to stop guessing. Oil passing through a crack or broken 0 ring will cause oil to heat up. Pressure test it system starting at the pump then each port on the control block. A variation in pressure across 2 ports on the same spool would indicate the 0 rings are stuffed .
Main Relief valve may be failing to open at the proper value. Like Tones said, put a gauge on it.