A question for the old mechanics here. Was running one of my D8ks that a hired man has run for a few months now and it runs smooth on flat ground but when I started dozing uphill I noticed a slight sharp vibration in the machine. Could this be thrower bearing in crank?? Or? Any insight would be great! Thanks!
Yair . . . CatSkinner. Do those 8k's have a conventional drive-shaft? I seem to remember in another life an Allis21 that developed a little annoying vibe when a universal was on the way out. Just a thought. Cheers
Lift all the floor plates and check the universal joints first then check both rear engine mounts, they come loose off the case also wear away metal and shims on the bolt location to the frame???
No guys it none of the above. Checked the obvious before asking anyone haha
Never mind guys. Found the problem. It's so simple I feel stupid mentioning it.... This hired man that was running it, who no longer works for me. Hadn't greased the front blade lift pivot points for some time. And when I'd go up hill piling topsoil I wa stripping I'd lift the blade to pile it. And the bushing were binding so badly that they'd make the cat shake. So stupid. Each side took a tube of grease before it started to show... :s whoops!!!
Definitely a nice easy fix though. You'd better buy some lottery tickets!