some of our D8K,s & 463 scrapers working moving heap around site,and useing the weight for compaction,hope you enjoy. YouTube - D8K,s with scrapers.avi
Nice video to keep the wheels turning for us old guys. I wonder if all the pics that you posted on the old ACMOC board are still available to look at? When they changed the board they were supposed to have been preserved in archive and I asked about it back then but was never able to find them.Your contribution of all of the rebuilding pics are invaluable as well as Tony Coates antics among others.You are a blessing to the industry by taking the time to share such high quality graphics with us.Thanks for all that you do.Ron G
You have scrapers in England?
:usa yes, it seems that way......but not the very big ones because they tend to slip off the edge & into the water when they turn 'em around :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup take with a pinch of salt
you just need to master the 3 point turn Richard we even have 66 tractor here :cool2
that'll mean using reverse!!! :beatsme ....is that possible? :beatsme good soldiers never look behind that's the 660 is over there in Paddy Land? ahhh well, the emerald isle is more or less round
i missed a 6 out a big welsh man has now got a 666 tractor to play with :notworthy YouTube - Caterpillar 666 first road trip
Cat 666 What a wonderful way to travel on the local roads, when I was much younger the Mine I worked at had around 20 666 scrapers 10 + Double D9G's push cat, and maybe 15+ 660 Belly dumps. Now I live in the Chicago area and a 666 tractor would make the commute time so much fun. And could stop the cell phone idiots from spending so much time for slobbering on their phones
scoopin Hi Roly. Good video, I still love to see D8s and scoops shifting dirt. Magic and music in motion :drinkup Good to see someone working. Is wintertime down at the bottom of the world and things be pretty quet here. Don,t think we,ll ever see a 666 here. But we have a few 1693 powered DW20s here, and with 2 sticks are much more fun to boogie. Cheers Merv:drinkup
D8 and a pan is a real combination. Run them here. Working on a job with about 18,000 cu yd right now. Short haul, no push cat for the most part.
I have just finished a rebuild/refurbish on a D8K tractor, this is the 3rd time I have done this Cat up, the 463 Scraper is also going to get the treatment, with every detail put Top Draw, the owner was talking about swaping things from Wire to Oil, but I like the CCU way of doing things as its what I have always been used to on a CAT, it might not work as good as Oil Control but it is gentle on the Iron. tctractors
Cat's and scrapers are still very popular here, my younger generation hates them for the most, except for me. But because our clay here is so thick, heavy, and wet it's sometimes the best combination. We still have buggies here but they always need a push cat where as the venerable D8 and scraper just pulls right through. ADT's and excavators are having a stronger presence the last few years, but an experienced operator can still do a lot with a D8 and scraper. I know owner/operator's still using cable control on they're combinations and they refuse to convert to hydraulic.
Thanks Ron G,i ve often wonderd myself about all them posts and pictures maybe there locked in computor syberspace,:beatsme,glad you liked the film sorry for the delay in replying. RB
Hi Merv,i,ve just parked up for the night,been running a D6C46j on a land packer,chopping the furrows up behind the old challenger 65 with 8 board reversable,i was running the 22A with the 10 furrow but a stub axle snapped on the simba tool carrier on saturday, got a new shaft turned out today:drinkup RB
Hmmm, no pics of that mine mate?
463's were a well built scraper 50-60 years old and still at it. Bet you won't find a Reynolds working at that age
The No.463 was an excellent scraper - I've hauled many around behind me over the years. Good balance (better than a No.435), loads aggressively in most soils. Nice to see them get a second time around when converted to hydraulics. Mine were all cable.