Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8K slow shifts and shifter sticking in gear. please help

CatSkinner77V ยท 2012-06-05 17:30

Hello. I've got a K working in the bush that is sticking in gear, slow shifts and hard to pull into gear at times. The pump is not the issue, has lots of pressure. Its a brand new pump this spring and there's no air leaks as the screen holds oil until unbolted. I was wondering if this could be a differential or load valve problem? Or priority valve issue perhaps? Please help. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Greg2012-06-05 18:48

    sounds like a priority valve issue to me. Had that happen on a D7 few years ago. Turned out that o ring in priority valve had failed. Pieces of it floating in the priority valve caused same problems you are having except, as I recall mine did not stick in gear. Not a big job to pull the priority valve, take it apart and see what you have. It is right under the cover just below the seat. Good luck with her.

  2. #2CatSkinner77V2012-06-26 20:19

    Hey Greg turns out it was a little piece of rubber stuck in the load and safety valve in the top of the transmission!

  3. #3Seabass2012-06-26 23:08

    What a great thread this turned out to be. Right on Good heads up Greg

  4. #4CatSkinner77V2012-06-27 09:52

    I don't think this thread has anything to with you buddy I suppose your another one of those guys that always ask "what's the biggest dozer" or "where's the fuel cap on my D3"

  5. #5d9gdon2012-06-27 11:40

    No, I think he meant that Greg hit the nail on the head and we all like our problems to be so simple to fix. I know I do.

  6. #6Greg2012-06-27 17:31

    Glad it worked. My bill will be in the mail. baaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I like my problems simple too.

  7. #7Seabass2012-06-27 19:53

    I wasn't being sarcastic. I was just mentioning how well, 'Greg hit the nail on the head" and that a members question (problem) was answered promptly and worked well it worked out for him. I'm glad that it did, and advocate this being a great site with good members. Didn't mean anything negative at all.