Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8K top Idler rollers

oilerman ยท 2017-12-16 23:15

So I bought a new Top roller for the 8 and I was changing it out tonight but I noticed the old one had two pegs that keep the shaft from spinning in the clamp. The new one doesnt have this... I wondering is it alright to slap that in there without them and not worry?

Replies3
  1. #1Cmark2017-12-17 03:35

    Yes, it's interchangeable but to just slap it in there isn't strictly correct. You're supposed to align the carrier roller with the sprocket and idler using a piece of string or something . Whether it's necessary on an 8K is moot however as there is probably too much wear in the wishbone bearing and idler guides by now. What I would say is to fill the vacant holes with grease and a plastic plug or something in case the next carrier roller you get is the old style with the dowels.

  2. #2John C.2017-12-17 12:55

    Clean the paint off the shaft before installing it.

  3. #3oilerman2017-12-17 15:17

    10-4