Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8K torque converter

Watsy2020 · 2026-09-24 11:20

Gear that runs scavenger pump seems real close to case setting on bench. From case to center of gear vs center of gear on pump it measures ok. There is movement when you pick up on it that gets it away from case. Am I missing something?

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2026-09-24 14:11

    It's been years since I've been into one of those but It looks correct from memory. Why do you have it removed?

  2. #2pittsburgh cat man2026-09-24 14:49

    It's fine it has a tapered bearing when it's full of oil it will center it's self

  3. #3Watsy20202026-09-24 15:38

    Found a what looked like part of a seal ring in the converter screen. Just when through it bearings , seal housings, seals , pumps. Been so long since I’ve done one. Didn’t remember gear touching case.

  4. #4pittsburgh cat man2026-09-24 16:08

    you have to remember The case is heavier on side with scavenge pump hole and pulls it that way when it's setting on the pot