Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8K – transmission oil in engine oil- 5 gallons per 12 hour shift, please help!

CatSkinner77V ยท 2011-08-19 20:14

I recently did a major overhaul on my oldest K, put all new seals in the read end. Seal and thrower, bell housing gasket etc. Well I brought it up to the bush yesterday and ran it about 12 hours so far and it pumped about 5 gallons of trans oil ( I luckily run 15-40 in the tranny) into the engine oil pan. The torque operates fine, scavenge isn't lagging in flow. I've seen it many times where the rear seal is worn and engine oil gets into the trans. But I've never seen trans oil go in to into the engine! Please help, any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1bobin352011-08-19 20:33

    Transmission pump seal possibly?

  2. #2Construct'O2011-08-20 16:44

    I posted on above post,but you could be right.I was using D6H for example trans pump is located on the engine on D8K,where on a D6H it is back on the trans run by short drive rubber coupler shaft.