View attachment 764.bmp got this 764 as a demo and the boss wanted us to try it out. I really don't like it cause it seems so awkward. Has anyone else operated one and what do you think?
Awkward as in what?It's basicly a finish machine.Compared to a dozer working backed up into a corner the dozer would outperform it there.That would be a awkward situration for the 764.I would think off hand. Steep slope might be another.What are you trying to do with it would help.No i haven't run one ,but have been to demo of one just didn't have time to run it.When backing up and turn the rearend does the oppostie direction then you want.Takes some time to get us too it. They was trying to doze with it in gummy heavy clay and wasn't too great for that. See your in Va.so if working in rock would be an issue.Good luck.
I can imagine that the 764 is great for grading pads and curb, which is it's purpose,but i would rather have just a conventional dozer it just seems more versitile. I got it on a slope for a little while ,about 2.5:1 and it does ok just the back end wants to slide alot. The decelerator and brake are the same pedal, which was odd being all dozers i have ever operated have been cats, and evertime you back up you are trying to straighten the back end up. The rubber tracks are good for hopping curbs and traveling on pavement but at 1,500 hrs i noticed the rollers had huge chunks missing out of them. I guess the machine has it's proes and cons. Jus hasn't really grown on me yet.