Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8L axle puller P/N; 5P7395

Slim Tech ยท 2017-06-20 16:24

Any one have a picture or diagram of this axle puller/installer? Need to make one if possible. SIS calls for part number 5P-7395 Tia

Replies4
  1. #1Bluox2017-06-20 19:10

    Kinda high tech,around here we call it a piece of pipe. Good luck Bob

  2. #2Slim Tech2017-06-20 19:13

    Is it threaded? If so what size thread/pipe? That's what I was going to try

  3. #3Junkyard2017-06-20 19:55

    I've done D11's without the tool. It can be done. Pull the cover off the final and unless something is fubar'd it'll come out fairly easy. Getting it back in with splines lined up is a little harder. Pull it without and you can make something to install it if you so choose. Even an interference fit/clamp on would do the trick.

  4. #4RZucker2017-06-20 20:33

    I've done 9N's and 9L's with a piece of 2" sch 40 pipe, It will bind on the axle shaft threads an pull it just fine. A 12 ton ton bottle jack against the sprocket will help loosen the splines.