Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8L Blade and Winch Interchange?

Carguts ยท 2016-12-05 00:09

Can anyone tell me what other machines have blades that interchange with a D8L? Just bought one that has worked in a chip yard with a 14 foot blade and am wanting a straight blade for grading type work. I am also in the market for a winch, so any information about compatibility for that would be appreciated as well. Included a picture of it sitting at the chip site as we are still awaiting delivery. Thanks, Alan

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2016-12-05 06:41

    Unless someone with practical experience can say different it appears that you are limited to a blade that came originally from a D8L tractor of 53Y or 7YB S/N prefix. As far as I can see all the different blades listed for D8L are not used on any other model.

  2. #2fiat41b2016-12-06 10:30

    Hello nice dozer I think I looked at that online its like new and had to be a great buy very nice. all I can tell you is a cat D8l blade will fit on a cat d9r as I was searching for a semi u blade for a cat d9r that had a coal blade.

  3. #3Nige2016-12-06 12:35

    That's what I was trying to say .... speaking strictly by Part Number D8L blades of all flavours (straight, semi-u, full u, etc) are ONLY used on D8L and no other model. Of course as we all know with a little bit of ingenuity, a sharp gas axe, and a box or two of E7018 you can make almost you can make almost anything fit whatever you want it to fit ........