What is the difference between a 8n6002 head and a 8n6004
hi where did you get the 8n6002 number from ? I cant find it .is it a cast number in head? 6n6004 is field replacement for 7n6358 Mark
I has asked over on ACMOC what the new part number for 4h9959 was. Was told it's a bare head and the service part number is 8n6002. Found the 8n0004 after simply searching for non deck plate cylinder head for a d342 on Google. Also seems a lot more readily available.
as far as I can tell 4h9959 changes to 6n3893 which changes to 7n3817 current number there are some guys on here with more knowledge of these old engines than me and may chip in with more info Mark
If you go way back in the parts listings, both 8N6002 and 8N6004 share a common cylinder head, part number 8N4764 but this may be a bare head or even an unmachined casting. 8N6002 has a reman number 0R2611 and 8N6004 has a reman number 0R2088 and I can't make either of these be the same thing. I would say that they are not the same head, but what the difference is I don't know.
Guess some phone calls will be in order to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need.
You've been looking at TMI haven't you..? I came to the same conclusion that they both come from the same 8N-4764 but that's not enough to say they are the same. 8N-6004 has 16 x 3B-0623 Cup Plugs where 8N-6002 only has 14 of the same part number plug. So obviously there are some differences somewhere despite the fact that both come from the same head casting, machining of coolant passages maybe..?
8N6004 is the current non spacer plate replacement head for casting numbers 4H7258 and 8H5980