Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8N blade cylinder

JD 63 · 2018-06-02 20:32

I need to reseal a blade lift cyl any suggestions on how to take the bolt out at the end of the cyl shaft so I can get the piston off, I’ve been told it’s torqued to 2100 ftlbs

Replies3
  1. #1Junkyard2018-06-02 20:36

    What other machines do you have around? Small crane? Backhoe? Skid steer? Secure the polish rod and use a machine to push or pull your breaker bar or whatever. Sometimes you have to weld a socket to a healthy piece of flat stock to make a breaker bar that’s strong enough.

  2. #2Delmer2018-06-02 23:11

    "Secure" the cylinder rod to the drawbar with a pin, or the place it came out of with the pin, or the base of the cylinder it came out of. Support the rod on a solid block of Oak so you don't bend it, or scratch it. Then what he said /\

  3. #3JD 632023-04-17 01:31

    I’m not sure where all my pictures are but I found this one. Thank you all for the input, I have lots of things to check. It’s not leaking oil up top and if it’s filled up the belly pans would there not be signs on the ground? This makes me believe it’s going out the pipe buts it’s doesn’t have a oily residue. The motor starts as soon as you hit the key, it amazes me every time lol I know pulling the motor and getting it all checked over is the way to properly do it but would that expense add the value back to this old of cat ? I can keep adding the oil if it’s consumption is acceptable, but at what point would a person say that’s to much oil 2-3 gallons a 10 hr day ? Thanks for all the input JD 63