Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8r

viktor ยท 2021-06-01 15:12

Hi I have a d8r and the engine and tranny is getting hot after the machine is running for about 3-4hrs.i changed thermostat no changes I cleaned raditor and flushed it inside it was dirty I wonder how fast the fan should turn fan speed. And wich directions should it blow away from engine or to the engine. I checked headgasket with combustion tester.and it passed I changed the radiator cap to.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-06-01 15:31

    Serial Number.? Air flow should be from the engine compartment towards the blade. You said that you found the inside of the radiator dirty but you never mentioned the outside. My suggestion would be to open all the guards on the front of the hardnose and remove the wire fan guard inside the engine compartment. Then clean the radiator externally. If that does not work then take the radiator out of the machine for cleaning. It may surprise you how much dirt you did not remove by cleaning the radiator while it was installed. Is there a chance that someone has installed the fan backwards.? That would significantly reduce the air flow through the radiator. if you are not sure then post a photo of the fan. Also does engine or transmission get hot first, or do they both get hot at the same time.?

  2. #2viktor2021-06-01 17:33

    The fan is blowing away from engine.and the higher the ram faster the fan is spinning.and I took the heat gun and measured the raditor coolant hose the left one is about 20-24 Celsius different so I wonder if the raditor is plugged and is only overheating under load and even in first gear.and I checked the tranny cooler every on the trsnny cooler is the same temperature. So the only think is I think radiator or waterpump.unless the fan is not spinning fast enough

  3. #3Nige2021-06-01 17:50

    20-24 degrees Celsius difference is way too much. The difference between coolant inlet and outlet temperatures should be around 10 degrees Celsius maximum. It sounds to me like your radiator is plugged internally and not allowing enough flow. My opinion it is time the radiator was removed for disassembly. I'm not sure on that type of radiator if the individual cores can be cleaned internally, I've never had the need to try. We just replaced them.