What is the dipstick / filler tube for on the left side behind the battery box next to the windshield fluid for? What fluid does it take? Thank you HEF 2000 D8R I
Serial Number please...........you're probably referring to the pivot shaft oil level but I just want to make sure. You really need to get yourself an Operation & Maintenance Manual. All that info is in it, not only what the dipstick is for but all the fluid recommendations as well.
7XM04786 Thank you Nige. Im enjoying this tractor (not the one pictured) very much. Quite different than the 8H and 8Ks Im used to.
That is the pivot shaft reservoir, it takes 30 weight transmission oil.
And if you don’t have an O&M Manual I suggest you get one. You could download it from Cat for $49 the last time I looked. With your tractor probably worth somewhere in the region of $100k I’d say it would be a good investment.
I got one on the way. Thank you all very much
When checking the pivot shaft reservoirs on your D8R,I allways remove the plugs on each track frame to let any air out and let the oil from your header tank flow down.They can get air locked,and a full header tank is no indication you have oil in your pivot shaft really. I do all my dozers are 250 hour service