Hello all I have cat D8R dozer 9EM01239 . With Cat 3406c engine 41Z19584 I bought the machine used and after we start the work we got issues with fuel line It start with a leak from the engine or pump side the leakage is coming from the swivel nuts . We added more torque to tight it and the leakage stopped . Next hour it came from the other side and we do the same to it . It works for a day then the line brake. I ended up changing the whole 6 lines one after the other . Some lines got changed 2 times . We change the operation method to be very gentle ( no ripping and no full blade load ) The fuel lines survive for a week. And at the end of the week we work 10 minute in full load and pipe 6 start leaking then pipe 4 did the same. I consulted some mechanics One said change the whole fuel lines at once with complete new clambs The other said change the fuel injector with cat oem , the current is Interstate mccbe size 18 An other said the diesel pump is damaged and need rebuild The last mechanic suggest to install "LS FUEL RAIL SPACER KIT for Siemens Deka Swap Injectors LS Truck Intake 551305 " to both sode of the fuel line . When the engine work its very smoth with high response , smoking is normal. What do think is my problem ? And what is the best fuel line brand after oem cat ? Thank you
. Are there any small clamps on the injector lines? Without those small clamps the engine can shake apart those lines and you will continue to have broken lines until the clamps are installed.
Those are the clamps that I'm asking about
You must have every factory clamp installed and in the right position
Thank you for your reply Yes all small clambs are installed I have attached the complete set that I bought recently. If we keep the line leaking it doesn't break . Line 5 is now leaking in this kit and we keep it leaking to save the rest until we find a solution.
Replace ALL (injectors, fuel pump bonnets) with OEM and torque to OEM's specifications.
I just ordered all fuel injectors and bonnet with other stuff. Very expensive bill , I hope this will fix it Thank you
Do you have the torque specifications for installing everything Stan mentioned above..?
Use CAT lines make sure the clamps are in place