Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150 Dozer tilt cylinder problems

Liebherrman ยท 2019-01-13 11:43

I have a case 1150 A model 1968 with a 6-way blade it has to tilt cylinders that just were resealed and now they don't function hardly at all, not that I know they function very well before because I just bought this machine ,this machine used a very early retarded hydraulic plumbing on this circuit only and requires bleeding through a plug at the front gland ,however I can't get anything to work are there any other tricks out there?

Replies6
  1. #1Liebherrman2019-01-13 11:47
  2. #2Liebherrman2019-01-13 11:48
  3. #3Liebherrman2019-01-13 11:50

    You know it's a bad design system when in the service book, they're telling you that many have been replaced and updated

  4. #4alrman2019-01-13 16:33

    Often in this situation, the problem lies in the last thing that was repaired. Do all the other operations seem to work OK? If so, I would be taking a look in those 'resealed' cylinders - possibly a piston seal was damaged during install.

  5. #5Volvomad2019-01-13 17:31

    Does the A have the foot valve for tilting fore and aft instead of left to right ? I dont see it in the diagram .If the cylinders are fully in or out you cant tilt left to right .

  6. #6Tones2019-01-13 18:44

    X1. If it checks out OK then check the pressure on that circuit. The next possibility could be in the check valve, damaged oring or week spring.