Anyone else having issues with exhaust coolers? 4th one failed yesterday. Last one put in was the "updated version". Machine has close to 16000 hours. Engine 7-8000 hours. Computer shows no overheating events. Runs 24/7 pushing chips.
There are Loads of different iterations of the 8T out there. Serial Number..?
CAT00D8TCMLN01914* Has a waste handling/ chip package
OK, found the tractor. What Part Number is the "updated version" cooler you were supplied..?
Trying to learn about this system and one thing I see says: Note: Do not reuse NRS cooler clamps. Note: If ordering the cooler separately, 4 344-2636 Clamp As are required. Failure to install new clamps will lead to a repeat failure of the NRS cooler. Not familiar with the acronym "NRS" I'm sure it make sense when you know what the letters are short for ! Just in case it would help here is the instructions on installing the cooler:
Not sure on part #. I'm just the operator. First 2 failed. Third one was supposedly an updated part. Well that failed too.
Thank you. I know parts are coming in tomorrow from Montreal. Should be running tomorrow night.
See if you can get the Part Number from the box that it comes in. Based on that some backward diagnosis of the history of updates on that part might be available. Ken, I think NRS is an acronym for Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) Reduction System. SEBU8550 Safety section mentions "The NOx reduction system (NRS) cooler" . Also UENR3351 for Systems Operation covers the way the NRS works in the Air Inlet & Exhaust System section