Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d8t fuel tank high temp

awful knawful ยท 2016-08-26 19:47

Today I got a high fuel temp warning. About 6 to 7 hours into shift. Half a tank of fuel. 175f. Refueled. Down to 118. Kept climbing. After another 3 hours back at 170f! Was warm. 28 to 30c today. Humid. Never happened before. Is there a fuel heater on this thing? Manual? Electronic? They just replaced the exhaust cooler this week. Coincidence? Drives and rear end were very hot to touch. Torque at 195 -210.

Replies3
  1. #1nowing752016-08-26 20:59

    Is the radiator dirty? If I have multiple items overheating I go to the coolers and normally find them covered in crap.

  2. #2Dickjr.2016-08-26 22:23

    I don't know if this applies but I do know return fuel is heated due to friction. But 170* sounds pretty warm.

  3. #3awful knawful2016-08-27 07:50

    Machine is used in chips and is blown down 1 to 2 times per shift. Not plugged rads or coolers. Mechanics came in and found issue. I wasn't here, parts ordered. Regulator or something to that nature.