Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8T full service (just about)

nicky 68a · 2022-01-29 09:18

Picked away at a full service over Christmas on this D8.

Replies17
  1. #1nicky 68a2022-01-29 09:19

    A few more

  2. #2nicky 68a2022-01-29 09:21

    A few more

  3. #3nicky 68a2022-01-29 09:22

    A few more

  4. #4nicky 68a2022-01-29 09:25

    A couple of pics of the D9 with new feet yesterday. Fortunately,the D9 I have is a good while away before I have to think about all that backache work!

  5. #5nicky 68a2022-01-29 09:34

    The D8T was in the yard for 3 weeks over Christmas abs got a fair bit of tlc. I got the operators manual out on the table with a cup of tea and box of biscuits and set about it in my spare time. Removed all belly plates for a good jet wash.Found a mobile phone I’d left in there 2 years ago whilst unblocking aircon drains and a fork. Serviced engine,then drained torque and looked at the little gauze.Then dropped tranny oil and pulled the scavenge pump screen at the back,then up to the magnetic screen under the floor plates. Dropped hyd oil and replaced tank filter and charge filter. Finals got chucked on the fire too for warmth and all breathers got washed. Took some shims out of the lift rams and a couple of shims out of one push arm trunnion. Fitted new segments and bled the pivot shaft before topping reservoir up(I do that every 250 hours anyway).Eq bar got topped up and 3 shots of grease and a good steam clean,paint touch up and replaced the stickers to keep it sharp. Jacked it up for an undercarriage inspection,and the cab had a valet too. Shame to get it dirty

  6. #656wrench2022-01-29 10:58

    On the d8, what is that black add-on platform and railing,etc. for?

  7. #7nicky 68a2022-01-29 11:17

    It’s to keep the pilot from falling off when refuelling.It’s a walkway that I had made up

  8. #856wrench2022-01-29 11:45

    You're very considerate and safety conscious! That's nice to see- not all are like that

  9. #9skyking12022-01-29 12:10

    Nicky great pictures. I love the cascading chocolate fountain arrangement for draining the finals. That railing is the bomb. It is how we all get hurt most often, falling from tracks or icy surfaces.

  10. #10nicky 68a2022-01-29 12:42

    Thankyou.To be honest,the D8 is my soft spot.It gets everything and abit more. My other kit is not so lucky. Also,my father kindly does a couple of shifts a week on it and he’s 77,so have to look after him

  11. #11nicky 68a2022-01-29 12:43

    Thanks for the praise.The finals get new oil at around 500 hours and probably abit too often

  12. #12Nige2022-01-29 12:54

    Nice looking tractors Nicky. All of them are obviously well cared-for.

  13. #13kshansen2022-01-29 14:28

    Somethings wrong with that magnetic filter? Don't see any "fur" on it like most I have taken out!

  14. #14nicky 68a2022-01-30 03:09

    Yes,it’s in nice order thankfully. The tranny oil is replaced every 2000 hours,but this time things slipped to about 3200 hrs.However the filters do get changed religiously at 250 hours.Same goes for the D9.

  15. #15nicky 68a2022-01-30 03:14

    I do get fur build up on the final drive magnetic plugs though.Oil gets replaced at 500 hours.This allows me some wiggle room if I get busy elsewhere.This time it was 720 hours before I got time.

  16. #16farmerlund2022-01-30 13:51

    Nice tractor Nicky, please ship it over to me when you are ready to sell it. A properly maintained is hard to find.

  17. #17CM19952022-01-30 14:41

    It always seem they run just a little better after giving a tractor some TLC.