In disassembly in the manual, it says to pull a sliding carrier out through the LH final. It's quite vague, and has a picture of the tool which is just an oversize washer pinched oblong between two nuts on a shaft. I have done this, pulled what I think is this carrier, it moves about 1" out, but still dosent want to let the bevel group come out the back. I've looked in the parts fishes, through the manual, and can't seem to see what it is I'm really needing to move. Any tricks? I don't remember this collar on the smaller tractors. FYI s/nKPZ1709
It only moves about an inch or inch and a half to the outside. Keep in mind you need to take the bolts out that hold the bevel gear portion to the tractor housing and leave the ones in that hold the trans to the bevel gear together. Force things gently and carefully apart. Later Bob
Yes, i have the proper bolts out, the housing will come back enough that I can just see the oring, when I look deep in the LH drive, I can see what I think is the carrier, what I moved anyways, and it looks cocked like its still hanging up. Looking through the RH drive, can I push it straight through? Careful for shure, but when a guy can see the oring, things should be loose,
You can make the tool. You need about 5 feet of 1 inch pipe with a 5/8 bolt welded to it. You will also need some big flat washers. I will post a picture if I get a chance. I would recommend pushing the trans back In and making sure the carrier is disconnected. I have seen guys not get the carrier off and then derail the trans in the housing. It made for very difficult removal.