Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9 refrigerant level

flashpuppy ยท 2009-07-08 04:33

Does anyone know how much r134a a newer D9N takes? I can't find the info anywhere....

Replies10
  1. #1Cmark2009-07-08 07:38

    More info needed on this one. Anything between 3.5 and 6.2 lb, depending on serial number and whether the condenser is remote or radiator mounted. Generally speaking, fill until bubbles disappear from the sight glass, then another lb or so.

  2. #2jughead2009-07-08 09:45

    i think the bubbles in the sight glass only pertain to 12 or 22. could be wrong though

  3. #3Cmark2009-07-08 17:35

    Yes. I heard that as well, but I've filled quite a few R134a systems by weight and the rule still seems to apply. I've noticed that when the sight glass is full, there is still around 500g left to go in.

  4. #4Michael752009-07-08 17:51

    Hello i agree with cmark

  5. #5flashpuppy2009-07-08 18:38

    Yeah, that is my general fill method, but I have been having troubles with this one. Radiator mounted condenser, the drier is up by the alternator. Everything has been replaced and purged with nitrogen. I was just wanting to see if anyone had a specific answer. Thanks.

  6. #6RyanDS650X2009-07-08 19:07

    make sure you pull the system into a vacuum before you recharge it. id use the sight glass method also

  7. #7flashpuppy2009-07-08 19:47

    I have a nice dual stage 7.5cfm vacumn pump. I always try to pull 28-30 in hg for 45-60 minutes. Check out mastercool.com for a/c stuff. They make all the stuff for Mac and SnapOn. About a third of the price.

  8. #8RyanDS650X2009-07-08 19:57

    Mastercool just went out of business! all there manufacturing is coming out of mexico now.... Im a commercial a/c service tech too, ive got all the cool gizmos and gadgets. Let us know how your recharge goes

  9. #93thirteen2009-07-08 19:59

    I always prefer to fill by weight..... D9N Refrigerant Capacities D9N 5FJ1-UP ... 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) 1JD1-UP ... 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) 6XJ523-UP ... 2.1 kg (4.6 lb I hope that helps.

  10. #10flashpuppy2009-07-08 20:43

    Bingo! Thanks! :usa