Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9G Drawbar

grandpa rich ยท 2012-03-15 20:34

Does any one out there no of any scrap yards "used parts house" for construction eq? I'm looking for a drawbar for a D9G.

Replies9
  1. #1Greg2012-03-15 21:03

    If you have the part number go to machinerytrader.com parts section. put in the part number and those having the part will come up for you

  2. #2wrwtexan2012-03-16 00:08

    Try looking at tractorparts.com (General Gear & Machine), Boise, Idaho 208 342 8911. They have a few old D9G's listed for parts.

  3. #3balls2go2012-03-16 07:48

    Go to headequipment.com. Ask for Larry or James.

  4. #4Winch Cat2012-03-16 15:17

    I believe that I know where there is just such a drawbar. It is over at my family's farm and belongs to my uncle. Let me know if you would like me to check it out.

  5. #5ibleedyellow2012-03-16 19:20

    2nd Steel in Denver Colorado also works with used Cat parts-Most Caterpillar Dealers have their own used parts divisions, Ziegler has one I would imagine.

  6. #6buckfever2012-03-18 17:28

    construction equipment parts in south carolina. We use them alot and have had a lot of luck.

  7. #7John Deer2012-03-20 13:30

    I need a drawbar also and was considering a large diameter bolt and nut. is there any reason this will not work?

  8. #8grandpa rich2012-03-20 20:28

    Sorry it's taken so long to get back to everyone. I've been gone and was a little surprised to see all of the help. Tomorrow I'll start calling some of them. "Winch cat" could you send a picture of your uncles draw bar to the e-mail address or here if you know how to do it. I need the entire hitch not just the pin as John Deere does. There is a push block on it now so that has to come off. Does any one have any idea what a push block weighs?

  9. #9Winch Cat2012-03-21 09:50

    Rich, Did you recieve the e-mail that I sent to you about the drawbar? I will take some pictures and send them to you shortly. I do not know what the push block weighs, but from what I recall of the push block that was on his D9G, it looked "heavy". Very heavy.