Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9H manuals for enclosed cab

Crook_Donk ยท 2017-01-21 09:41

Hi there. I am wondering if the Cat D9H service manual (for 90V 3733) includes details for the enclosed ROPS/cab. I am stripping it out to prep for sandblasting and painting and would like a reference for putting it back together, particularly electrical schematic etc. Will get the service manual anyways but wondering if I need an additional manual for the cab. Cheers in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2017-01-21 09:57

    TBH the amount of Disassembly & Assembly information contained in the "old generation" machine manuals only covered the really important stuff. It was always assumed that the person wielding the spanners had a certain amount of intelligence and could figure it out for himself. From what I can see there is a small (and I mean REALLY small) section on removal and reinstallation of the ROPS but that's it. So on that basis I wouldn't recommend buying a Service Manual if you are looking specifically for information regarding the cab. If you're looking for other information as well then maybe a Service Manual would help you, only you can decide. The Parts Manual (much cheaper) for 90V3733 shows no less than 8 different types of modular ROPS cabs.....and gives all the parts detail for each one. So on that basis maybe a Parts Manual would give you the information you are looking for..? The electrical schematic (such as it is) is also contained in the Parts Manual. I don't know what source you are using for manuals but this company is the official supplier of Cat Manuals for the factory. Go here https://servicemanualpro.com/ and plug in your Serial Number. A Parts Manual on CD-ROM is US$73 in round numbers.

  2. #2Crook_Donk2017-01-21 18:24

    Thanks Nige for the quick reply.

  3. #3fiat41b2017-01-21 18:25

    I have d9h but no manuals yet but have them for d8k I think the cabs are same