Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD15C Help

Aussie Sapphire ยท 2017-01-21 01:43

Hi All, I have been reading a lot on your great forum over recent months as I searched for the right Dozer for my current Needs. I ended up buying a 1984 International TD15C with a Hydraulic Tilt and manual angle Blade. The Main Rams have been resealed but the Tilt Ram is leaking a bit and as the Blade is removed for Transport I wanted to fix this leak before fitting. My Question: How do you get this Ram apart ?? We have removed the Ring of Bolts but cannot find a Circlip or what retains the Center hub that holds the Pressure Seal. I have added some pictures can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

Replies13
  1. #1td15c2017-01-21 16:55

    View attachment td15c tilt01212017.pdf

  2. #2td15c2017-01-21 17:00

    can somebody tell me if you can see the parts brake down in that link

  3. #3Aussie Sapphire2017-01-21 17:08

    Hi Thanks yes Im just looking at the Diagram now. Most useful, I could feel one of those Lock rings yesterday and thought they may have been involved but still have to work out how to get them out of the Groove.

  4. #4td15c2017-01-21 17:16

    you drive number 7 back or down the bore enough to take the pressure off the lock ring when you get the lock out you can pull everything out with the rod

  5. #5Aussie Sapphire2017-01-21 17:20

    Thanks that makes sense.:bash

  6. #6td15c2017-01-21 17:33

    don't beat yourself up to bad I had to look at the parts manual and service manual.

  7. #7Aussie Sapphire2017-01-22 00:32

    Perfect Advice, Thanks easy , I need to chase up a Parts book and Service Manual. My only hold up now is a Socket big enough to get the Nut off 2 3/16" I think,my kit only goes to 2" but working on that now. On another issues when she sits for a few Days she winds over for a fair time before she Fires up. It has the Inline Injector pump,wondering if the Fuel pressure is dropping after sitting our leaking back a bit past a non return valve?? As soon as she starts once she fires really quickly Any ideas appreciated greatly. Cheers Andrew

  8. #8Aussie Sapphire2017-01-22 00:37

    A Picture of our 1984 TD15C

  9. #9davo7272017-01-22 01:00

    Nice dozer! I need one.

  10. #10Aussie Sapphire2017-01-23 03:58

    Ram Apart easy with the Parts book page and advice thanks. Where is the best place to get good workshop manuals and parts books?

  11. #11Wilson8922017-01-23 06:37

    Try binder books. Got my 14/18 books from them. John

  12. #12Aussie Sapphire2017-01-24 03:03

    Nice to see the new upgrade site, Thanks for all so far with there help

  13. #13Aussie Sapphire2017-02-02 01:05

    Have Ordered Books from http://www.binderbooks.com/ They have been very helpful ,lets see what arrives.