Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9R vs. D275 vs. ?

fulatoro ยท 2016-03-15 00:32

Good Day, My first post on. I am trying to find a suitable replacement for a D9R. We are bidding on a job and the client has requested a D9R or equivalent. It has been hard to locate a competitively priced D9R. Would a D275 be functionally equivalent? Any other suggestions that are comparable to the D9R. We are looking at equipment that is 2007 or newer. I am not a heavy equipment experts...More on the management side so please excuse my ignorance. Regards.

Replies2
  1. #1fulatoro2016-03-17 01:17

    A D9T is also a possibility. Can anybody shed any light on the large Komatsu dozers?

  2. #2Nige2016-03-17 05:39

    On paper a D275 would be about 10-15% down on power from a D9. How this translates to real-world operation I'm not sure. As to your 2nd question a D9T would definitely be an option, power and performance are slightly better than a 9R.