Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rtk

Kallara ยท 2016-03-14 07:06

Hi I have an NTK dozer which i am told is a Japanese copy of a CAT D6 1960 vintage. the manufacture has long since gone, so I am looking for some advise on adjusting the Tracks. the Tracks are a swamp type and it had a grease type adjustment for the idler wheel, what i am looking for is how do i know how much tension i should pump up the tracks and if i go too much how do i release the pressure? There appears to be some sort of cap and bole at the rear of the ram but don't want to undo it in case i cant put it back. Any help would be great.

Replies13
  1. #1Huntoon2016-03-14 13:31

    Usually with dozers you want about 2" of track sag.

  2. #2Kallara2016-03-15 22:10

    Hi Huntoon, that's good i will do that, but at the moment they are too tight , so what is the best way to slacken them off, as these are adjusted with grease pressure I tried by taking out the grease nipple but that didn't do anything, is there a release valve somewhere else? or just drive it anyways and let them wear in? any advise would be great.

  3. #3skadill2016-03-16 14:50

    similar dozer? Was in Japan just weeks ago,took a pic of this dozer,hadn't ever seen one before.

  4. #4Kallara2016-03-16 15:57

    Yeah that's the one i have, mine looks a little worse for ware than that one but it still works and what i want it for for the farm it will do the job. Awesome pics with the swamp tracks, looks to be about the same size and mine too, the Japs but 2 sizes equal to the CAT D5 and D6 way back in the fifties and sixties.

  5. #5Heavey Metal2016-03-16 20:33

    You prolly need to push down on the blade to get the weight off the idler slides . Or back drag a little with the valve released.

  6. #6shaggy6502016-03-16 20:46

    Take out the grease fitting and drive forward and back a little bit, it should help push some grease out to slack it off, then put the fitting back in and adjust as needed.

  7. #7Kallara2016-03-17 17:31

    Ok Thanks for that, I will try that and see how it goes.

  8. #8Steve5442016-03-26 02:51

    Hi I also have a NTK I think mine might be a n5 as it only has one carry idler never the less it's quite a big machine, it has a 6cyl Perkins engine, two disc clutch and cat 955 tracks and I'm assuming idlers and sprockets are too ( haven't got it that far apart yet) to pull the adjustment Rams pack I pulled out both grease nipples and put a come-a-long from the front idler to the rippers put tension on the come-a-long and hit the front idler with a mash hammer to jolt it back because the sliders were a bit rusty then put more tension on the come-a-long and repeated process until the ram was right back and I filled a bucket with grease! A cant find bigger all info on the NTK but I did manage to buy a parts manual for a NTK swamp dozer but haven't received it yet! I would love to see pics of yours and share info if your willing to my email is [email protected]

  9. #9Steve5442016-03-26 02:58

    Hi skadill I can't see your image you put up could you please email it to me it would be very appreciated I'm trying to colect as much info and pics on NTK dozers as possible [email protected] Thanks

  10. #10Kallara2016-03-28 22:18

    Ntk Hi Steve 544, Mine has 2 rollers for the top tracks so it maybe the D6 copy. i haven't got any pics at the moment but will post some later, as for the track adjuster, what i did was pretty much the same as you, I loosen the stud that holds the grease nipple which is a one way valve and moved the bulldozer back and forwards a little and that was all i needed to do to take the pressure off. And yes enough grease to fill my gun again.... As for the manual if there is one available would be very interested to get a hold of one. If you can let me know if you are successful in receiving one for yours can you pass on the info to where you got yours please. Thank you again for getting back to me and will keep you updated to how its going.

  11. #11Steve5442016-03-29 01:58

    Ok when I get it I'll try make a bounded copy and post it to you!! The guy I got it off is from Europe somewhere didn't have any other manuals on ntk, this one is an original not a copy anyway my email is up there ^^ if you could send some pics I would love it

  12. #12Kallara2016-03-29 20:02

    Hi Steve, that would be awesome, hopefully its in English!!! or may be a bit hard to understand, but what a find, because i thought that considering the short history of these machines there would be not much in the way of information your are so lucky, hopefully. i will be back on the farm this weekend so i will take some quality pics and send them to you and maybe some of your too if you have any. Cheers, Joel

  13. #13Kallara2016-04-25 22:10

    Hi Steve, How did you go with the manual? Did you get it finally?