Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dads D5H sold at auction

d6peg ยท 2008-12-05 20:26

My Dad decided he has had enough of pulling levers and he sold his D5h at auction on Wed. It had 18000 hrs, new motor, new torque converter and a new partial U/C. It brought $39000. He was well pleased.

Replies6
  1. #1Construct'O2008-12-05 20:43

    Who says Cats don't hold there value:beatsme I would say for an auction and with 18k hours even with the new repairs he didn't do bad.What year was it? I was looking at a Deere 450H with 2150 hrs and they wanted around that.It was nice machine with cab a/c and the works.One owner! It was at an auction and the owner no saled it.We couldn't reach a price ,so guess will wait and look later.Winter is moving in also.:Banghead:usa

  2. #2d6peg2008-12-05 21:06

    Constructo, I think it was a '88 model. It had a/c and a winch. It was well taken care of but wore too wore out to work it everyday. Personally I was hoping it would bring $25000.

  3. #3CM19952008-12-05 21:21

    d6peg, I think your Dad came out like a bandit. I was watching the Iron Planet auctions last week, I think it was a Cat dealer's equipment, where 05-06 D6N's were in the $60K range with 3K or so hours on them. Congrats to the old man.:drinkup

  4. #4d6peg2008-12-05 21:39

    Thanks CM, Here is the link http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...ywords=&txtStates=&LS=&SO=26&btnSearch=Search

  5. #5roddyo2008-12-05 21:53

    That's a pretty good sale Where was the sale located at?

  6. #6d6peg2008-12-05 22:58

    Fort Worth