:usa lil somthing my dad is workin on not bad hey:notworthy he has been workin on this for about a year. the pete was a mixer model and the trailer was scratch built enjoy
Wow, thats amazing. It took me until the third pic to tell it was a model! Nice work.
Heh heh, me too. I was tring to figure out what kind of tracks those were with a hinge in trailing edge. Even has Baldwin fuel filters. Pretty cool!
Yeah I was suckered that it was real and I kept looking at the tracks and thinking wow those are big tracks. How did you get it too look old and used? air brush? it is truely a awesome model and the truck and trailer look nice as well.
I agree,I had to go back and look two or three times to tell.........I still ain't sure!!! My hat is off to him..........I gotta go look again.......'scuse me.Ron G
thanks guys my dad is 64 yrs old with cancer he spends most of his days in his shop just lookin at this wishin it would fire up:beatsme he was forced into retirment witch pisses him and me off but if he gets cought workin by by benies. we lost one of the BEST hoe operators that EVER sat in the seat. dam that cancer and old age. HE has forgot more than I will ever learn. he drove a tandem dump out of tower 2 when they built it (world trade tower) for you who dont know. dug the pond at medowlands race track now gone . and other noteable jobs in the 70"s and 80"s LOVE YA DAD!!!!! YER MY HERO!:usa:usa:usa
They fooled me but then I thought...dang look at how big that wood grain is..
Yeah I started off on the 2nd picture and realized something did not look right and after about 20 seconds I figured it out ointhead Very nice job on the dozer and weathering!
That is awesome detailing! Do you have a back ground in Model Railroading as well?
i thought the thing was real at first man how did he get it to look worn like that?
I can definitely say that I am proud to have worked with and known your Dad.He was a good operator from whom I learned a good deal from.I respect the Respect that you have for your Dad.He is a good man!Tell him I said hello the next time you talk to him please.
Doug I saw him a week ago when I flew back for house stuff. He does think he rembers you when I mentiond R&R that roung a bell. his memory is kinda goin also. but he did say to say Hello! this model only scratches the surface . when i get back I will dig up His costums he's built a 245 and a 1066 from scratch he also drew these from my toys witch some were his.anyone remember CKB trucking (crash,kill,burn) he worked with them alot in the 80's the w post is for willam post aka bill
wow those are incredible...he could make a fortune selling art....
Hoeman600, you have a right to be proud. Just make sure you tell him, and often. Incredible artist and model maker and by all accounts a good operator as well. What more can a son ask for. :thumbsup
thats just amazing work,,id like to shake his hand,,and id love to here ond of those old d8's fired up again,,it always had that beautiful sound!!!!
:dizzy:thumbsup:eek2:jawdrop:jawdrop :scool Your father's talents are simply amazing. If that's any show into what kind of operator he is, then there may not be anyone better. Let him know how impresed we all are.
That's a beautiful model! I've dabbled in customizing toys but wow. True workmanship.