Hi all, I recently bought a Daewoo dh130-2 1995 model with only 7000 hours. It has been really well looked after by the previous owner and is in really nice condition. Seems to be a really solid and well put together machine runs really nice straight six non turbo engine and really quiet powerful hydraulics!! I just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and spent much time on one? Thanks for any replies Cardie
Hey Cardie! I hope you are still around the Forums here. I am looking at snagging a doosan dh130-2 for a deal. The Db58 motor needs an injection pump and I am interested in putting one in. I would be happy to chime in with my experiences when I get a look at it! I do have a few questions about your dh130. How do you like it? Hows the performance? any problems or issues you have come across that have a fix that need to be done? Any information you provide is great. Thank you!
My son-in-law bought a 2006 model 140LC-V this past spring. It had somewhat fewer hours. He has really had good luck with it. It runs and operates great and the controls are smooth. The biggest problem with the older Daewoo/Doosan machines seems to be parts availability. Parts are readily available, but they have to be shipped in from korea. He is currently waiting on some type of small control module that tells engine when to rev up or drop to idle. It is being shipped from Korea as we speak. Currently running machine with the throttle wired to full operating RPM's. He has to go back and take the tie wire off to drop it to idle. I think you will like that machine, but expect a week or two wait on many of the parts. Jeff
mowingman, Thank you for the reply! That is a nice rig your son has. It must be slightly easier to get parts for an 06. I can tell that finding parts will be difficult. I do have a Doosan heavy equipment dealer near me so it does help to have their expertise. However I cant find anyone knowledgeable on the DH130-2. I wanted to ask you what parts supplier did you order from? And please let me know how shipping time and reliability is of the supplier because I will be needing one. I have done some looking around but havent found a parts supplier I feel I can trust. Thanks Jeff -- JD_D
He is getting his parts from the Doosan dealer that serves the Dallas area. He has been very satisfied with their knowledge of the Doosan machines, and, they have been able to get parts fairly quickly. The dealer is, R.B. Everett & Company. They have been in the heavy equipment sales and service business in Texas since about 1911 or so. I believe he paid an extra $100.00 on his parts order to get fast shipping from Korea. I believe that means less than 1 week. Jeff
Hi Johnd Doosan, the only issue I had was a spring on the return valve on the injector pump which was a minor problem. The machine I had was good and had loads of power and the 6 cylinder none turbo engines run really nice and are surprisingly good on fuel. I know a fitter who used to sell these machines and he sais they are bombproof, I couldn't fault the one I had but unfortunately had to trade it in to buy a newer machine. I would have one again if I needed a second cheaper machine!
Do you have any idea how to change the Daewoo 130-2 from JOHN DEERE controls to CATERPILLAR controls my email is [email protected]