Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

buying used 312cl

dhenry312 ยท 2014-01-26 16:40

Hello! I am new to the forum. I'm sure there is a post on here already but I can't seem to find it. I'm driving from michigan to Bangor Maine to look at/purchase a 2004 312CL. What shoud I look for? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1dhenry3122014-01-26 20:50

    7000 hr, new cat undercarriage,twist-a-wrist,36'' and 60''buckit, complete service records, is there any common problems i should look for....

  2. #2uffex2014-01-27 04:57

    Good day dhenry312 You can download a complete inspection form with protocol from excatech.com kind regards Uffex

  3. #3dhenry3122014-01-29 08:21

    Thanks for the help,but heres where im at.......I was working with a broker Robert Prieto he had a 312cl listed, s/n# cat0312cccba00597 2004 with 7000 hours. Well after talking to my cat dealer I found out back in Oct. 2011 it had 8485 hours and it was a 2002. is this normal when working with brokers? After I called him on it he blames his seller.The next day it was on machinery trader listed as 2002 with 8145 hours, now its gone. Again is this normai??

  4. #4uffex2014-01-29 12:42

    Good day dhenry312 From your description of events I would suggest this one is best left with the broker, a 12 ton machine with 8k + is bound to need some attention parts are getting very worn. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Fastdirt2014-01-29 22:46

    Unbelievable, that the broker would sell you that falsely advertised machine and sleep at night. They know, they just got caught. Thankfully Caterpillar had some record of the machine. Posting 8154 hours was still a lie. The broker just had to back track out of that and pull the ad probably. It probably has around 1200 hours at this point. Glad you caught them in the act.