Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo DH50 battery size

Hdonly ยท 2023-12-09 13:02

Anyone know what size battery fits a DH50? Going to look at one that has a bad battery and I would like to start it. Need to know what size to bring with me.

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2023-12-10 10:34

    You are looking at a fairly rare machine out there. Bring a tape measure with you and fit the largest battery the compartment can hold and be secured down. Or bring a 8D battery to boost. That is my simple suggestion. Not too many guys have worked on these. Simon C

  2. #2Delmer2023-12-10 13:36

    Looks green in the pictures, are they recent? should be warm enough to start it with any car battery you have around. Jumper cables or a jump pack if you want to be sure, both if there's a possibility the battery is bad because it sat, ran out of fuel, etc.

  3. #3Hdonly2023-12-10 20:19

    Fairly recent. This is Florida. I asked because I want to put a good battery in it. It is some miles in the woods with no battery stores close by.

  4. #4Hdonly2023-12-11 12:02

    Went down to try and start it this morning. The engine crankcase is full of diesel fuel. The fuel tank is empty. Found out it hasn't run in a couple of years. I am guessing that all the cylinders leak because the ends all have rags zip-tied to them. Boat tank primer bulb on the fuel line. Glass broken out of the side door. Overall, pretty rough looking. Didn't have anything to drain the crankcase into. Wondering if I can drain it and fill with oil and start it. If I could get it running enough to load it, I think $1000 would be the most I would offer him. Any thoughts? Just checked locally for 5tons scrap would be about $600.