Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

60D mini ex

Coldcreek · 2023-12-09 17:27

I have a 60D John Deere excavator it has a KYB final drive, that decided to stop working today, I had to put a shaft in it year or so ago, and it has worked since but, every now and then since I’ve repaired it the brake seems to stick. But then it just let go when you tried it again. Then it would be fine no pattern to it. Have no trouble then occasionally it would do it again. But yesterday it decided to not do anything. Anyone have a place to start trouble shooting? There is no hydraulic in the final drive part. There seems to be fluid flow both ways.

Replies34
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-12-10 09:57

    When “it decided to not do anything “ Did the engine/ hydraulics load up at all ?

  2. #2Coldcreek2023-12-10 12:05

    Not like like would if the brake were stuck on,

  3. #3Coldcreek2023-12-10 12:06

    Like it would, I meant

  4. #4Coldcreek2023-12-10 12:10

    It doesn’t seem to load up the pump, I can get the track to turn a bit if I try tracking and pull with the boom but it doesn’t turn feeely

  5. #5Coldcreek2023-12-10 12:10

    Freely

  6. #6Diesel Dave2023-12-10 23:59

    I would perform a propel motor case drain leakage test to get an indication of the motor internal condition. I don’t have a leakage spec, maybe @mg2361 could help with that.

  7. #7mg23612023-12-11 04:47

    Oil temperature 44-55*C, engine speed at fast idle, P mode, Auto idle off, track being tested raised: Track speed turtle: 0.2 LPM Track speed rabbit: 0.3 LPM

  8. #8Coldcreek2023-12-11 04:54

    Thank you very much, do I plug the case drain line when I take it off?

  9. #9mg23612023-12-11 04:57

    Yes, cap the line, leave the port on the motor open to a graduated container.

  10. #10Coldcreek2023-12-11 06:53

    Thank you for the information I’ll do that this afternoon

  11. #11Coldcreek2023-12-12 07:45

    So, I started the machine and got 250 ml out of the case drain before we even tracked it.

  12. #12Coldcreek2023-12-12 08:35

    I pulled the final drive found some steel behind the pump and the brake piston beat up

  13. #13Diesel Dave2023-12-12 09:08

    Have any pictures of the damaged parts ?

  14. #14Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:11

    Here are a few

  15. #15Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:19

    Me as I can tell these 3 pins #12 came out and made that mess, think a fella could clean up the housing cover and reuse?

  16. #16Diesel Dave2023-12-12 10:20

    That’s ugly ! You will have to do a bit of a hydraulic clean up. A lot of that debris would end up in the hydraulic tank as generally the case drains are unfiltered.

  17. #17Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:20

    But I don’t see #13 in there.

  18. #18Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:21

    It is a mess, just did the pump on the 140b Volvo.

  19. #19Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:22

    Always something, I guess. You are either fixing it or paying for it.

  20. #20Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:23

    I’ll have to drain the tank do a filter

  21. #21Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:24

    at least it wasn’t the whole drive I suppose. JD can get thd parts at least.

  22. #22Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:25

    I do appreciate the help. It’s good to be able ask questions, and get real answers.

  23. #23Diesel Dave2023-12-12 10:31

    I wouldn’t attempt to salvage any damaged parts of that motor, too many leak paths opportunity’s to the motor case . The last thing you want is high case pressure taking out your final drive seal, you already dodged that bullet once. You rebuilding it yourself or going Reman?

  24. #24Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:38

    I’ll be doing the rebuild

  25. #25Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:38

    I’m f the parts are reasonable

  26. #26Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:41

    Not sure if I can get the housing cover, from Deere.

  27. #27Coldcreek2023-12-12 10:53

    They wanted 10g for the motor

  28. #28Diesel Dave2023-12-12 11:04

    Ouch !

  29. #29Coldcreek2023-12-12 13:42

    Yea, that’s not happening. I own the machine now, so I have to fix it. But it’s not worth 10g pump.

  30. #30Coldcreek2023-12-12 15:10

    I spoke with some folks at con equip they have an after market one,

  31. #31Diesel Dave2023-12-12 15:18

    I like where this going

  32. #32Coldcreek2023-12-12 16:06

    4,750.00 for a new after market.

  33. #33mg23612023-12-13 04:43

    Might want to try these guys .

  34. #34Coldcreek2023-12-14 06:08

    Thank you very much,