Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo G30S-2 Forklift – Need help with an electrical issue please.

ShutterMaint · 2025-02-04 13:56

We have a Daewoo G30S forklift (LP Fuel) that has a short that I can't find or discover the location of. Operator says it died on him so he took a look at the engine. He tried to start it while watching the engine and found that the wires to the LP lock solenoid were throwing off sparks. Symptoms: Blowing a 15A fuse almost immediately once the machine is started. (engine is running and key released) Engine will turn over without this fuse but not start. Items on this circuit: Coil/Distributor, LP Fuel Lock Solenoid, LP Oil Pressure Switch, Starter Control. Actions so far: Replaced LP Lock solenoid. Found and repaired a short between the starter ground wire and the starter control wire (? I think that's what it is. BR/WH). Ran the forklift with the alternator fully disconnected. Replaced the starter. (the solenoid is integrated with the starter) Replaced the ignition switch. Examined the whole wiring harness visually. Disconnected every ground and tested each wire for continuity with the frame. Nothing. Still have blown fuses.... I bypassed the fuse with a wire and tested voltage (9V) and amperage (.3 - .4). The distributor is only a few years old. I'm wondering it that or the coil could be the internally shorting but the engine isn't stuttering or stalling. I'm going see what I can do to test both of these next. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1ShutterMaint2025-02-06 10:28

    Update: Turns out the alternator was actually bad. I went ahead and had it tested and replaced. Replaced the spark plug wires. One was iffy so i replaced all of them plus the distributor wire. Still having the same issue. While the key is in the start position it will turn over and start running but as soon as you release the key back to the Run position the fuse blows. On the bright side, while it's running it sounds much smoother!

  2. #2TD242025-02-14 21:42

    I am not familiar with your machine. I am not sure of how to describe the situation I will refer to, but here goes: Your truck probably is wired to protect the flywheel ring gear from allowing the starter to engage when the engine is already running. Usually thru a relay which drops out the cranking circuit when the alternator is powering. Others simply rely on the ignition switch's internals- A start crank post and a run only configuration. Depending on the sequence of initial repair/replacing the starter or alternator you mention, some wires have been connected to the wrong posts. 1st: Has the ignition switch been replaced or removed and reconnected. If no, that is not it. 2nd: Obtain a OEM wiring diagram for that SN# truck. Trace your connections to conform to it. or 3rd: Find a similar (Make/type/capacity) truck. Go to it and using your phone, snap pics of the connections to its solenoid, and any obvious relays connected nearby. Same with the back of the alternator. Compare these pics to your trucks connections. I think your problem is in the connections. (If a mechanic; inexperienced with Clark Equipment, will walk up to a C500 40 forklift. "Pull" the starter and hand it to me. I handle it, look at it and hand back. Tell him to put it back on. 6 out of 10 times, it will crank over and not run. Because he did not record which wire went where on the solenoid. Any Clark mechanics on here familiar with this?)