Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vin won’t come up on Cats website

BattleBoat · 2025-02-02 22:24

Can someone tell me what year this is? Serial AT82C-02756 Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1LCA0782025-02-21 16:25

    I have an older Cat VC60D (from 80's???) and it's not listed in any Cat system. It was explained to me by very wise folks on this forum that you won't find Cat forklifts listed anywhere in Cat systems because these forklifts are really made by Mitsubishi and just badged as Cat. Why? I have no idea but that's the way it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsu...cas Inc.,Trucks, and Jungheinrich brand names . Good news is you should be able to find parts through Mitsubishi dealerships or through various online sellers. What problems are you having? Or just curious as to when yours was built?

  2. #2Nige2025-02-21 16:34

    That's because it is a lift truck. Everything of thaat product line built under the Cat/Mitsubishi alliance does not appear in SIS.

  3. #3BattleBoat2025-02-21 21:12

    Hi thanks for the reply. I was selling it and a potential buyer really wanted to know what year it was. I never cared. Another buyer came and bought it. He didn’t care either

  4. #4LCA0782025-02-21 21:17

    Forklifts are one of the few pieces of equipment where age doesn't severely impact purchase price. Lift capacity, type of wheels/tires, side shift, type of motor, etc. affect a price way more than age.