Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo MEGA 400 iii pulsing hydraulics on brake circuit

SlatcoAu ยท 2026-04-16 18:51

Hi there, got a Daewoo Mega 400iii (SN 0054)that has a pulsing hydraulic line coming from the pump to the valve body. Wondering if a leaky pedal could be pulling air in causing this or is it more accumulator related? 20260416_164049.mp4

Replies5
  1. #1James Sorochan2026-04-16 22:20

    Maybe old timer from Manitoba will chime in here. I believe he is a Daewoo expert.

  2. #2old timer2026-04-18 12:42

    Yep.... I will chime in. Without any test results, my guess would be a failed accumulator (most likely) Just finished an old Daewoo wheeled excavator with the same problem. It was the accumulators and the charge valve spool scored. That one was hammering so hard that the pump cracked. I would test first by running the machine for a minute, shutting it down then push on the brake pedal. The accumulators should provide at least 4 or 5 brake applications. Should be able to hear the flow from the brake valve and feel the resistance. REMEMBER, if you are going to work on anything with the brake system, shut it down, block the wheels,then pump the brake pedal 20 times. That should drop all residual pressure from the system, make it safe! One time an apprentice at a place i was working did not follow instructions, lucky it was cold oil and he only got a oil bath. Hope this helps. P.S. Thanks for reminding me how old I am James, HAHAHAHA and quit send those Alberta clippers my way........friggin' snow again!

  3. #3James Sorochan2026-04-18 17:53

    old timer, I didn't send the clipper. The chicken on my shoulder did. Sunny and warm here.

  4. #4old timer2026-04-18 19:52

    Yea Yea...... sure blame the chicken, the dog ate my homework, no mom i didn't set the couch on fire...

  5. #5SlatcoAu2026-05-20 18:33

    Update - replaced and recharged both accumulators and it reduced the cycling time to once every 40 seconds.