Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo solar 130lcv hydraulic pump problem

Michael89 · 2025-02-16 15:31

Hi folks I’m hoping someone may be of help to me! I have a 2000 daewoo solar 130lcv with twin Kawasaki pumps and pilot gear pump that had a couple of leaks on the pumps but was running good.I removed and resealed the pump but after reinstalling the pumps I have lost one track and my bucket ram!! It’s as if the second pump(pump with pilot pump)isn’t making any pressure/working. I have removed the pump again and everything looks to be in the right place ,I did notice some wear on some parts when I took it apart but it shouldn’t have stopped it working altogether! Machine has 15k plus hours Any help is greatly appreciated Michael

Replies4
  1. #1Mr Chan2025-02-16 20:31

    It sounds like you're dealing with a tricky issue here. Losing one track and the bucket ram after resealing the pump could indicate a few potential issues. Here are a few things to check: Pilot Pump Function: Since it seems like the second pump (the one with the pilot pump) isn’t making pressure, double-check the pilot pump’s operation. If the pilot pump isn't generating sufficient pressure, the main pump won't function correctly. You might want to test the pilot pump's pressure with a gauge to confirm whether it's working as expected. Pump Assembly and Alignment: You mentioned there’s some wear on parts, which could be a key factor. Even small wear on critical components like gears or valves can disrupt pressure generation. Make sure all components are aligned properly when reassembled, as misalignment can prevent the pump from building pressure. Hydraulic Fluid and Air Lock: If you’ve had any fluid leaks or the system was drained during resealing, there could be air trapped in the hydraulic lines. Air in the system can prevent proper pressure buildup. Bleeding the system to remove air may help restore normal function. Check Relief Valves: If the relief valve on the pump is stuck or damaged, it could prevent the system from building pressure. Make sure the relief valve is operating correctly. System Pressure Check: If you have access to pressure gauges, perform a pressure test on the system to check if the issue is with the pump, valves, or somewhere else in the hydraulic circuit. Given the machine has 15k+ hours, wear on components is inevitable, but the fact that it was running well before suggests the issue may be related to the reseal work or a component that got damaged during disassembly. If everything looks good after the inspection, you may need to replace worn components that could be affecting pressure generation. Hope this helps, and good luck getting it back up and running!

  2. #2Kobe Steel2025-02-18 06:48

    Ensure that you have assembled the regulator for that pump correctly along with the valve plate orientation. The regulator feed back fork/lever should always spring back when you move it across by hand and when installing the regulator to the pump it needs to be engaged into the tilt block pin correctly or you will experience similar issues as you described. Incorrect orientation of the valve plate will also give the same issues that you have described. Best regards.

  3. #3Michael892025-02-19 11:03

    I originally taught it was the valve plate and that’s why I split it again but I made sure it was lined up correctly but no joy. I’m going to hopefully remove tonight and I’ll check the regulator as you said. Thanks to everyone for the reply’s !

  4. #4Simon C2025-02-19 13:23

    Have you loosened a line downstream of the pilot pump to make sure not air locked. Good to check with 2-4 PSI on the hydraulic tank at same time. Have seen air locked like this before. Simon C