I have been asked to look at a Daewoo Solar LC-3 which stalls the engine when any function is used if the operator does not 'feather' the controls or if a cylinder is held at the end of its stroke. Both pumps are running pressures of 298bar and the fuel pump and injectors have been overhauled recently. Fuel pressure tests OK, engine just loads up and blows heaps of black smoke untill it dies. Has anyone come accross this before, or any ideas? :beatsme
How old is the machine? What kind of pumps? Pictures of pumps? Shane
Machine is 1995 or 1996 model using Kawasaki pumps but because they are not badged I don't know the model. I will try to get some photos of the pumps and post them at a later date.
Never worked on one so I can’t give you any step-by-step instructions on what to do but I'd say it’s the pump regulation system not de-stroking the pumps as necessary. If you can get some schematics and photos I'd be able to have a look and be a bit more helpful.
Dawoo troubles What size of Daewoo is the machine. The Kawasaki pumps are a K3V series on that style of machine. It depends on what size machine it is as to what displacement they are putting out. They are either a 112, 140 or 180 cc/rev. I have had a lot of dealings with these pumps on other machines. You should be able to find schematics online for these if you look. If not, I could probably e-mail you something.
I tend to agree with Chris in saying the it is the pump control system not destroking the pumps. A manual on the machine would most likely give you all the info you need. Shane
I also have a Samsung 210 1994 cummins with a kaw pump doing the same darn thing.
Did you figure out your problem? if not call me and i can walk you through adjusting the main pump. Hydraulic Repair & Design 253-604-0400 Ask for Nick jr.
I have seen that problem in the older Kawasaki pumps. They had a roller bearing supporting the swash plates and the race would get dimpled. The rollers would stick in the dimples and the swash plates would not come off stroke. It was a common problem on the Link-Belt excavators in that size range when the hours got up around 5,000 to 7,000 hours. I don't know if the control system on these machines needs voltage to the solenoid to stroke or destroke. You might try unhooking it and seeing what happens. If that doesn't change what the pumps does then you might try putting battery voltage to the solenoid to see what happens then. If the pump stays loaded either way then you probably have the internal problem. Good Luck!
i have a samsung 350 doing same thing. gets worse as oil warms up. I have a manual overide that doesnt seem to do anything, but idle control and dig mode not working and is stuck in high dig mode. new fuel pump. I have manuals at hand. would appreciate any help. unfortunatly machine is in bush until spring.
Daewoo Looks like your proportion valve is not working it is a block on the side of the pump you can try to by pass it with disconecting and run in only 12 V from any sours in the machine that will tell you if it is PPV Let me know exact model will send you a breack down of the pump Cheers mate
Sounds like the same problem I am having with the CX210, anyone know if this problem was solved?
My samsung 210 It ended up having a green rubber thing logged in the pilot system. And found the most of it in the footfeet valve body mine had a screen there.
So that fixed the samsung, any word on the daewoo?
If the Daewoo is still playing up I can tell you how to reset the regulators, without any problem, all you need is 2 spanners and a marker pen, it soon sorts the KV3 pumps. tctractors
Fixed Thanks everyone for the input. I had success although not sure if it was the correct remedy. There are two adjustable valves on the pump controller, one facing out and the other facing toward the engine. The inside screw needs an allen key to adjust it and a 14mm lock nut BUT thats not the one to do. If you look closely there is a large 32mm nut around the outside so its actually a valve inside a valve and thats the one I adjusted a very small amount on either side. Iam led to believe that this compensates for wear in the controller. Wether its the correct way or not I dont know, but the owner thinks the machine now is as good as it was when new.
Ayjay, I have posted this ajustment detail a few times on Forums, it is always best to mark the positions of the items, as you said the 1 is back to front and it can be a pig to see what you are doing "blind", plus any big imbalance makes the tracking deviate, this adjustment will only last a few months before it starts to play its face again, the pumps come to bits easy and the parts are simple to get hold of, if the excavator is any good its well worth sorting this simple item, Kawasaki are only to pleased to help with anything they can in the repair of their pumps. tctractors.
tctractors could you please post the adjustment detail as i am not able to find it.
perfecto' the adjustment is to really off-set wear within the pump that needs a few bits swapping out, so it will possibly last about a year if this helps, on the regulator that is bolted to the pump that you see sticking out towards you is a large hex nut (32mm) with a smaller hex nut (24mm) firstly mark the tread section to the regulator so when you move it you can see by how far it's been turned without getting confused, then undo the large hex nut and turn Anti-Clock (Undo) the small nut that will also turn the threaded section, about 1/2 (Half 180 deg) should start to help your pump loading, it might take more or less than 1/2 turn, but you need to also adjust the other pump regulator control the same amount in exactly the same style, this regulator adjustment is sort of back to front to do as things are facing away from you, but it is the exact same way (Undo) lock off the large hex nuts and try the excavator controls, the stick out is the hardest function to knock off the engine power using the 2 joysticks other than rod end stroke, if things are better but not really good enough to use, adjust both controls again possibly a 1/4 turn or another 1/2 turn on both pump sections, in the end the pump needs a few bits (Shoe etc) stuffed into it and are easily fitted and common to locate. best of luck tctractors
thank you very much tctractors