Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Daewoo; tracing a machine history with serial#

Gavin Phillips ยท 2009-07-05 14:46

Hi all I've heard alot about tracing Caterpillar (especially the older stuff) machinery history by getting the serial number and looking it up in a book or in some database. I've heard some people doing the same thing for JCB too, but never one for a Daewoo machine. The machine in question is important as it was bought by the former shipbuilders Swan Hunters, along with a CAT D250E ADT and a Samsung SE450LC-2. It would be nice to have a date when the machine was purchased and perhaps what it was outfitted with originally or anything else a serial number might show. Serial number is 250 (low rate production of the larger machines? Seems very low number indeed to what I would have expected). Swan Hunters is no more now since all of the buildings have gone. I guess the Daewoo & Samsung 45ton excavators will go to auction.

Replies0

No replies yet.