We are currently looking at upgrading our truck, and have found a few 04-05 daf CF75's 310 horsepower with 16sp ZF box. Just wondering if anybody has any information about these trucks. Any info would be great. Thanks Jason
Jason, I don't know about information but I share a commercial yard with my stone/block broker. He runs a FIAT IVeco semi and a 2006 DAF 460 (I think) eigth wheeler with a 3 axle dog. The IVECO lives up to its nickname Fi x I t A gain T oni. The Daffy is going very well, has over 300K on the clock with very few problems. The owner says the best thing has been good service and support. DAF is dealt (in this country) by PACCAR (Australia) which is the same organisation that will sell you a Kenworth so they should know what they are doing. We have driven that truck into some terrible sites, bogged it, skull dragged it out and its holding up well. I'm sure some of the older models had some issues but this one is holding up fine ....and it sure beats the hell out the ACCo it replaced.(but lets face it...that wouldn't be hard )
You say ANY info, and as your the other side of the planet I suppose you might not have seen this http://www.roadtransport.com/ModelDetails/12390/daf-cf75.html
My opinion of DAF is very good. The cabs are really comfortable and the specs look good. However thay aren't selling so well here anymore, like they used to, something about the dealer going under. Nothing to do with the trucks, just the dealer.
They seem to read up ok. We are looking at putting what we call a beaver tail on it for carting our equipment around, want something around the max payload of 9 tonn, and the possibility to tow maby a 10tonn trailer. Our kms we do are little something around the 10 ---> 15,000kms a yr I have found a few trucks with 650,000+kms and just don't want to get one and then have to rebuild engine and gearbox. We are owner drivers only my father and me so we don't have to worry about rough workers thrashing it.
Judgeing by the number of em running around the UK as artic units, 4 & 6 wheeler plant carriers, (exactly as you propose), and 6 & 8 wheel tippers etc I dont think you have much to worry about. I dont drive or repair em, just telling it as I see it over here. :drinkup