Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Damper case vent blowing oil

Dentman73 ยท 2020-11-10 11:20

I have a komatsu pc88mr-8, damper case vent blows oil when running then drops to idle in auto idle mode. This problem just began I've never noticed this before. Any ideas??

Replies5
  1. #1Dentman732020-11-10 13:10

    I believe its the pto filler/breather, between the bell housing and hydraulic pump.

  2. #2Dentman732020-11-10 13:13

    This is the pto filler/breather vent

  3. #3John C.2020-11-10 18:42

    I have not been into a PC88 but I have also never known there to be a vent on a damper case. You should follow that hose down to were ever it goes to be sure of what it vents. If it is the damper case, the pump will have to come out of the machine and the input shaft resealed. You should also install a new rear main seal on the engine.

  4. #4Dentman732020-11-10 21:49

    Thanks John C. For the response. I have traced it to the damper case and researched all my manuals and I think your suggestions are likely what I need to do. I suspect the rear main because I'm losing some engine oil and that's what looks like coming out of vent

  5. #5Highlinelumber2024-05-28 09:55

    Hi I know this is an old thread but did you ever get this issue fixed? What did it end up being?