Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dase 580K fanbelt

drh00k ยท 2024-04-05 16:03

I have Case 580k changing fan belt - do you need to remove the counter weight?

Replies7
  1. #1Willie B2024-04-05 19:58

    Mine looked ratty in 2008. I bought a new & carried it around, Figured I'd do it is I had some other reason for major surgery. I sold the tractor a few year ago & I think the old belt is still functional.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-04-06 08:22

    Welcome to HEF, drh00k ! No

  3. #3Willie B2024-04-06 10:37

    Gee, I don't think so. You do have to remove the coupler & pump drive.

  4. #4Billrog2024-04-06 11:55

    Loosen the coupler slide it back enough to squeeze the new belt by in order to instal.

  5. #5drh00k2024-04-09 09:14

    Thanks for your response. I'll try that. The current belt is only about a quarter of an inch wide.

  6. #6Joe H2024-04-09 09:54

    Single V-belt ? Those link belts work well and no taking off anything. Harbor Freight has them too. I've had one on my hoe for years, no problem If it's a flat serpentine belt, no workee. Joe H

  7. #7HarleyHappy2024-04-10 08:44

    Nope, nope, nope. Serpentine belt.