Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310J Transmission Oil level check / Parking brake issue

Techofga2 · 2024-04-04 23:34

Good Evening, Can anyone assist me with locating the dipstick for a 310J transmission? The Backhoe will not move (OfCourse I assumed it was the Solenoid because I was getting 14V at it when I turned the parking brake switch off, but couldn't feel it click) also the parking brake light just continues to blink and the parking brake will not disengage. I asked the owner from the start whether the trans was full and he replied yes, now I feel I need to confirm. The only other things I can think of is making sure the (E02 White wire at the starter solenoid is grounded) then the parking brake switch...unless someone can advise me of something Im missing.

Replies8
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-04-05 01:00

    Welcome to HEF Tech . A full machine serial number would help to provide accurate info. Trans dipstick location is in the link below. https://techinfo-omview.apps-prod-v...recloud.com/omview/omt210365/09001faa80cabf04

  2. #2mg23612024-04-05 05:17

    Welcome to HEF Techofga2 ! Check the park brake pressure switch on top of the rear axle.

  3. #3Techofga22024-04-05 10:09
  4. #4Techofga22024-04-05 10:11

    Ok, I have located it, is it just a continuity switch or should it have power ? and if so what range?

  5. #5mg23612024-04-05 12:16

    A continuity switch.

  6. #6chilco2024-05-31 22:04

    How the heck does someone access that white wire I’ve looked near my starter and can’t see it so hard to get it

  7. #7chilco2024-05-31 22:06

    How does one check that pressure switch? Can it be done by resistance?

  8. #8chilco2024-05-31 22:07

    I was checking mine, I had .7 of an ohm